Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Green Way to Remove Weeds

After spending days power washing and hand weeding our 25 sq ft brick patio, I was very discouraged to find a mere 2 days later little green weeds starting to pop up.

I have two miniature schnauzers who have a tendency to put everything in their mouth in the backyard, so the use of any chemicals is out of the question. I needed to figure out how to fight this losing battle.

My grandma who lives nearby has starting using only green methods to do her gardening, she suggested using vinegar. I had some basic vinegar in my cupboard for cooking. I put some in a spray bottle and tried it out on a little patch. It killed them all!



The trick is to make sure everything is dry if any water is exposed to the weed before it dries out completely it will grow back.

You can get two gallons of vinegar perfect for weed killing from Costco for $4!!!

Good luck and happy weeding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment