Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beauty Tip #02 - Body Scrub

Body Scrubs are essential for summer. With all the fun in the sun it is very easy to forgo weekly exfoliation, but for smooth, supple skin it is so important. Being unemployed for sometime I do not have the resources to dedicate to exfoliation. In high school I had a business selling homemade soap and spa items where I picked up a few tricks.

To make homemade body scrub all you need is 1c episom salt, 2tbsp olive oil, 1tsp baking soda, and 1/2tsp essential oil mixed together. I love using peppermint oil in the summer as it adds a cooling effects. I sometimes add dried peppermint leaves to the mix too.Very refreshing!



You can add also add other additives and dies depending on your mood like rose buds, lavender, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment